Sunday, March 20, 2011

Goodbye.

We build up our lives around people, dreams, careers, education. And when those things crash down, we fall down. Mainly, the point is that our lives should be built up around God, because HE never fails. God can bring joy and light to every single situation. A door may close and another open. I may stumble blindly through the dark in the process to the next door, but God is guiding me. I don’t know how right now, but He will.

This week I had to let a lot of people go, and not by choice. Without closure, without goodbyes, without warning. It weighs heavy on my heart. I have so much to say to them, and no way for them to hear it. Don't take people for granted. You don't know how much time you have. Tell people you care for them and appreciate them while they are there. Thankfully I think I did pretty well at that, from my perspective, but it still wasn't enough. It's amazing how much a person can impact you in such a short amount of time.

I know that eventually things that happen pass, and you look back at event and sum it up in one sentence or so. The more time that passes the less you remember, the less clear things are. Shortly after you remember the way people laugh, talk, things you talked about, and their face is so clear in your mind. And then, as time passes you forget most of that. Thank goodness, or else we'd always be hurting and missing people. But at the same time it's kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment