Monday, March 15, 2010

A little of this and a little of that

My roomate Leslie got engaged on Thursday! She and her fiance met on eharmony. So did her mom and her new husband. Leslie and David will be getting married mid July so she has a very short time to plan a wedding! She will then be moving to Knoxville, TN to live with David. He is a music misnister at a church. She is applying to jobs up there since she teaches elementary school. I will be moving back home for at least two years.

I have a full time baby-sitting job lined up for the summer. 3-4 days a week, 7 AM-6PM (and it's 40 min from my house). I'll also be a chaperone on the high school youth trip to a conference in TN for a week in July, and visiting my grandparents in NC and Maryland as well as my dad's cousin and his family in NC for a week in July. I'm so ready for summer!!!

I've been doing field experience at the preschool still. It reconfirms that I will never teach preschool. Play with and baby-sit them - yes. Teach them - no. Teachers keep saying, "There aren't that many jobs out there, so some of you will have to take preschool jobs." Uh, well no, you could take another part time job that is not in teaching. Sure it would stink, but I'd rather work at like a bookstore or something again then work at a preschool.

Baby-sitting is going well. I'm not really able to do homework during that time like I thought I'd be able to, but oh well.

Some friends from church have been letting me borrow the TV series, "Friends" because I had never watched it before and they said it was so good. It took me a while to get into it, but once I did it's been good! There are 10 seasons and I just started on season 6 tonight. Ok, one thing though - I know it's TV and it's unrealistic, but in the TV show there are so many times when guys just see a pretty woman across the room or on the bus or something and they ask them out and the girl says yes. Does that actually happen??? I mean if a guy was really good looking and nice and we had a good conversation and randomly asked me out, I might say yes, but I don't think guys really do that. Or maybe I'm just clueless.

My dancing class has been going better - we're doing ballroom dancing now. It's not as strenuous so that's good. My math class has still been insanely hard. This week I sign up for TOSS - a program where you are taught how to teach each subject (how to teach math, how to teach science, etc) and also help out in the classroom part time. It will start in August. Then student teaching is next January. I'm SO CLOSE to being done, ahhhhh!!!

I've had lunch/starbucks/conversations with people in the past month that have been really good. Maybe it's a girl thing, but good conversations keep me going. They re-energize me, make life seem better, and gives me something to look forward to. Not the "oh look, it's raining outside" or "what did you think of the math test" conversations, but the ones where you talk about what's going on in your life, your goals, fears, dreams, family, school, church, work, books you've read, movies you've watched, just tons of stuff. It's funny because there are times when I'm sitting with someone and have the chance to talk to them but have absolutley nothing to say and my mind is blank. And it frustrates me because I want to talk. And other times or with certain people, it's like I can't stop talking. And after we're done with our conversation, I think of more things I wanted to tell them or ask them. Ha. So, I am thankful for those people who listen and have those conversations with me. It makes life good.

No comments:

Post a Comment