Wednesday, February 24, 2021

The in-between time

 The things that occupied my time during a normal week: 
-Wednesday afternoon planning meetings for high school youth at church 
-Wednesday night I led a women's bible study 
-Thursday night I attended a young adults' bible study 
-Sunday church 
-Other miscellaneous meetings and events on any given week for church stuff 

I've been gone from my church for 6 weeks, so none of the above has happened in that time. My weeks are weirdly empty as other people's lives have stayed busy. I know that some day soon I will have a new church with new things to do there and ways to serve, so I'm trying to appreciate this slow time in-between. But it's still weird. And I miss pretty much everybody. 

I've been watching a lot of movies / TV shows, reading books, and watching Youtube videos (mostly of other people playing video games like Among Us because they're funny). I've spent some time with friends, but not as much as I would like. 

I am almost finished with a bible study about Elijah that Priscilla Shirer wrote, a 7 week study. It has been phenomenal. Right off the bat she talked about how as soon as Elijah told King Ahab there would be no rain until he prayed for it again, God sent him into a remote wilderness where no one could find him. There, the Lord provided food for him by ravens bringing him food (which are normally angry birds that eat other animals), He protected him there (people were looking for all of the prophets of God to kill them), and God prepared him there. In a much less drastic way, I am there in that wilderness, waiting for God to say it's time to move to the next spot. I'm eagerly anticipating God's direction and guidance because I am expecting Him to do great things in a new church, and when I finally move to a tiny house. But as Shirer reminded us, there is something to learn and appreciate in each season. So I am trying my best to stay positive and thankful in this season of not only slowness, but also of much less friends than normal. 

I'm thankful for:
-My job - the time working at home, and the times I go into the office 
-My coworkers and the times we get to talk and laugh 
-My parents
-Good health
-Nothing being messed up with my car
-My savings are going well for my tiny house 
-The time I've had with friends 
-Good books 
-Good movies/TV shows 

No comments:

Post a Comment