Wednesday, January 9, 2019

First week

One week is under my belt at my new job! I have already met some really nice people, but have also met a TON of people and not a lot of time to talk to them. That's ok. It's literally only been a week. I started making my office look awesome and it makes me so happy. My bright blue mini-fridge is coming in Friday and I can't wait to put it in my office! I also look forward to being able to do my job without being trained / having to watch other people do it. I know every job comes with a learning curve, I just enjoy when that learning curve is over. :-) But don't we all. Most of the time it's SO quiet, and you can hear everything. It's weird, but nice. I like not having to work with the public.

Yesterday I went to lunch with other admins, and it was good to talk to some of them, and Friday I'm going to a coffee shop with one of them for lunch because I know we will be friends.

I like my french press to make coffee, having two giant computer screens, the water bottle filler in the hallways, the decorations I've brought in, being able to eat lunch and snacks when I want, being able to go to the bathroom as much as I need to without feeling guilty like at Starbucks, the flexible times to come in and to leave as long as I meet 40 hours in a week, and my cool mouse pad and wrist pad that are both beach themed and gel. I look forward to the first paycheck because man, it's time.

I can't say it's been easy to leave my church job still. I miss what I did, and I miss the people. It's a homesick feeling, like they're far away and I have moved. I know that I will eventually get used to it, but currently it's sad.

I think (knock on wood) I will have more emotional and mental capacity to focus on church, serving, ministry, etc. with this job more than I did with Starbucks. With Starbucks, I was so stressed and frustrated all of the time. I'm pretty sure this job will be different.

I'm going to bed around 10 PM, getting up around 5:45 AM, leaving the house around 6:40 AM, and getting to work around 7:45 AM. It's been a HUGE change from going to bed at 2:30-3 AM and getting up at noon for the past 6 months. My inner night owl is protesting against my new sleep schedule!!

Overall, so good so far, and I am very VERY thankful for this answered prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment