Friday, September 2, 2016

Wandering

Sometimes my mind just wanders. Usually it wanders back to good times, and sort of replays them in my head. Sometimes I remember conversations I've had that made me laugh, and I laugh again in the present. Yesterday I thought back to this...

I was on a leadership retreat at a lake house in Alabama, in November of last year. 10 months ago. It was late on Saturday night, and some people had already gone to bed, some people had fallen asleep in chairs and on sofas in the living room, and some people were playing a board game. We were all in pajamas, and pretty much ready for bed. But a few of us were still awake. The living room was dark, but there was still light coming from around the fireplace which was in the middle of the room, from where they were playing the board game. The few of us still awake in the living room talked about dreams we've had, crazy stories, scary stories that happened to us, and more. It was this constant flow of conversations and stories. It went on for like about two hours, but I'm not really sure of how long we talked, it could have been longer, because I had no concept of time, no concept of having to drive home the next morning, no concept of anything beyond right then. It was just good. We laughed, we learned more about each other, we didn't care what we looked like. The only reason I think it was around two hours is because I had written than down when it happened.

There were other good conversations that weekend on the drive to and from Alabama, at lunch at Chili's on the way there, on the back porch facing the lake, on the dock, around the fire, in the living room the night before when we all went around and said what we liked about each person. 

Sometimes it's just nice to think about good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment