Saturday, September 12, 2015

Breathe in, breathe out

Breathe in, breathe out.

A slow start,
A hesitant art -  
I resisted as long as I could.
But wouldn’t you know I would
Not be able to hide away
Because at the end of the day
We’re both on this train
Through the sunshine and rain,
And it’s either going to a great destination
Or a train wreck with complications.
 
Breathe in, breathe out.
 
It’s like leaving chocolate out and saying don’t eat,
Like asking me to dance without using my feet,
Like flying to a foreign country and saying stay on the plane,
Or getting a tattoo and joking that I shouldn’t feel the pain.
Oh, but I can’t.
 
It’s beautiful and painful,
Challenging and delightful,
Confusing and crystal clear,
Hopeful and hopeless.
I’m on the edge of my seat
But I’m hiding
I’m running forwards
And I’m running away.
I’m pretending not to care
But caring with all my heart.
 
Breathe in, breathe out.
 
Have I lost my mind?
Am I blind?
Am I wasting my time and words?
Is all of this absurd?
Will this just be another frustrating story?
Or is this something that will bring Him glory?
 
In the middle of the whirlwind God gives me peace
Because His plan is better than mine and I am His masterpiece,
Ready for the moment when the picture He paints is clear.
So I choose not to fear.
What lies ahead is in God’s hands.
Whether I’m in the battle or in the stands,
Standing in darkness or standing in light,
I will not give up this fight
Of seeking His will.
 
When I breathe in, and breathe out,
I will have no doubt
That He is with me every step of the way.
So let’s go seize the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment