Thursday, November 20, 2014

Freedom of religion????

America has freedom of religion... just kidding, if you don't agree with the government or the majority, then you're going to pay for it. Suckers.

But should we be surprised? Nope. So much of the world is persecuted for being Christians, from beatings to death, from jail to a million other punishments. While the US prides itself on it's freedom - freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of whatever, the line is becoming so thin that I'm losing sight of it.

The Duggars (19 and Counting - a show on TLC) stated that they believe that marriage should only between a woman and a man. After 9 seasons of showing how they live their lives as Christians, people are mad and saying they're against gays. Here's the deal - you can still LOVE people who are gay, I do, but not agree with gay marriage. Why? Because of the bible. Because for Christians, the bible is true. All of it. And if you haven't read the verses about gays being incorrect in the bible, then please look it up before arguing about it.  No, it's not just in the old testament, it's in the new testament as well. There are things in the old testament that are changed when Jesus comes - for example, women were stoned for being adulterers in the old testament sometimes, but in the new testament Jesus said, "Let the one who has no sin throw the first stone."

Anyways, disagreeing with being gay as being a good thing does not mean you're making fun of or treating those people badly! I don't agree with people working on Sundays because one of the 10 Commandments is, "Keep the Sabbath holy," and how you should take that day to rest. But I'm not going around being rude to everybody who works on Sundays. I understand that not everybody is a Christian and not everybody is going to believe in the same things as me, but should I be fired because of that, or have a lower pay because I don't agree with working on Sundays? No.

Beyond the Duggars show being petitioned to be cancelled, the government has decided to step in and force churches to marry gays, and if they don't they get sued, or they fire the pastor and put in a new pastor who agrees with that. Churches trying to get out of denominations who are ok with gay marriages lose their churches or pay a big fee to get out. Oh, and we have freedom of religion? I'm sorry, that doesn't look like freedom to believe in the bible to me. It looks like the world saying, "If you don't agree with us, you're going to get some trouble." And I'm sure things will increasingly get worse for people standing up for what they believe in.

I believe in Jesus Christ being the Son of God, the ONLY way to heaven. I believe that Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit make the trinity - they are three in one. I believe that no other Gods exist, and all other religions are made up. I believe that gay marriage is wrong. I believe marriage should only be between a man and a woman, and further than that, that it's also wrong for them to date / kiss / etc. I believe that you shouldn't work on Sunday because that day should be kept holy, stated in the 10 commandments. I believe that heaven and hell are both real... and people are going to both. I believe that there are some people who say they are "Christians" but don't actually know God - they think that because they believe God exists that they're a Christian and that they are saved, but they are not. "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder." - James 2:19. Even demons believe that God exists, but they do not love Him and know Him! I believe that Jesus died on the cross for all my sins, and then rose again 3 days later so that we could go to heaven.

And when people start to say, "We don't agree with that. Sorry, you can't believe that either," it doesn't surprise me because the bible tells us that there will be persecution, and we will suffer just like Jesus did. But through it all, He is worth it. Because He's real. Because He is greater than everything in this world. "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Matthew 10:28.

No comments:

Post a Comment